Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Student Phuong Thao's Splendid Letter (May 31, 1992)

HTC-PFAC School
May 31, 1992

Dear Sir,

Sometimes I really feel so sad when I have to see off someone though I know, "All good things must come to an end". It's been three years since I came to your class, a class that has become my second home. To me you're like my father or older brother. God has brought you into the lives of the refugees. God has brought you to us... to me. It's all God's plan. I thank God for giving me the chance to meet you and know you. I think there are no words strong enough to express my feelings now. Deep inside my heart, I feel that something special is about to disappear. I will forever remember everything that you've done for the class. "Come on, try it." Those are the words that you always say to encourage me to speak when deep inside I am nervous.
Binh and Phuong Thao were both my students in PFAC.

Three years in your class were too short for me to learn enough from you. I wish I could stay in your class much longer but you're leaving. There's no telling what will happen in the future. I don't know what will I become in the future but hopefully, some of your inspiring psychology lessons will help me. I don't think you will ever forget us. In my case, I will always remember you. You're the first teacher that I've become so close.

With my prayers, I sincerely hope that you find happiness in the future.

Your student,

Phuong Thao
Phuong Thao is the one in black. She and my other former students visited me in Orange County in December 2007. Also in the picture are Vu, Vinh Hao, Van, and me. Thao's husband - Binh took this picture.


March 1, 2009

Dear Thao,

You see? I've never forgotten you. I'm so glad that you and Binh, who are both very special to me and whom I consider a family ended up together and became better halves. Congratulations on the birth of your handsome baby boy Aiden, (like father, like son) simply adorable. I'll see you this Christmas.

As ever,

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment