Saturday, March 7, 2009

IMPECCABLE! A Tribute to My Mother

Our Lady of Antipolo
This mural is painted on the wall in the basement of
Immaculate Conception Cathedral in Washington D.C.

Through your vivid examples and sometimes symbolic
I learned the true meaning of being a friend
You gave me courage and impeccable Love
Taught me generosity and to live close to God

You bestowed upon me the beauty of your soul
The joy that forgiveness and humility offer
Your wisdom and confidence, irreproachable character
Your optimism and faith... to love God above all

From you I learned the value of optimism
To embrace the challenges that I encounter
To face the world with impeccable strength
To be open-minded, live my life to the fullest

You said that life was not at all easy
Not a bed of roses nor milk and honey
That life was full of ups and downs, of obstacles
What might come next, incomprehensible

You said that life was a continuous battle
An endless struggle to overcome all
A test of endurance to withstand any hardship
No one really knows what follows next

You inspired me to pursue my education
To set my ultimate goal and be successful
Your untiring guidance, your confidence in me
Pushed me to strive and make my dream a reality

You were impeccable, my idol... my role model
If I should be grateful to someone, or anyone
It would be only you, to whom I definitely owe
The absolute person that I am today

You surely deserve a perfect gold medal
A round of applause and a standing ovation
But it's sad to say that you had left me
Before I had the opportunity to give it to you

I know for a fact that I've physically lost you
But your personality is reflected in all that I do
The complete person of yours dwells deep within me
And will linger today, tomorrow, and eternally
Oh how much I love you impeccably!


***

No comments:

Post a Comment