Sunday, June 9, 2019

PFAC Volunteers Reminisce Part 1


Former PFAC Palawan International Volunteers Reminisce their Time in the Refugee Camp.
_______________________________

"It's more worthwhile to work in a refugee camp.  These people are displaced.  They lost their families, their homes... I know they need my help badly and only a person with a good heart will be able to serve the less fortunate without having second thoughts or mental reservation".



MARISSA LADICA
Former HTC-PFAC 
English Teacher
 








________________________________
I'm so blessed to be a part of these beautiful people in their journey in life.  I'm so thankful to HTC-PFAC for playing an enormous part in molding the person that I am today.  I’m eternally grateful to my Vietnamese students and beloved interpreters, who opened my eyes and taught me to see the true essence of life. They’ve been through a lot of struggles in their journey to freedom, but have always remained positive and have lived their lives in an honorable way and have always been grateful to the country that gave them a second chance.   

Last but not least, I am so grateful to you Andy for inspiring me to be a good language teacher.  The Vietnamese refugees’ stories will always be my inspiration in my journey to where I am teaching now and to where I am going to be in the future. However, and I say it from the bottom of my heart, if I could bring back those times, I’d rather serve the refugees... the less fortunate.
 
GEMMA LEDESMA
Former HTC-PFAC English Teacher 
______________________________

As a camp engineer, I designed the water system of the refugee camp, the VRC or PFAC, way back in the very early eighties. Those times were memorable to me. During my free time, and when I could, I would take some refugees to town and we would eat together at our favorite restaurant called "Golden Horse". 

DWIGHT RUSSEL
Former VRC Civil Engineer, PFAC Palawan 

No comments:

Post a Comment