Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rotary International Dentist Volunteer

MY BEST FRIEND DR. LUIS MEDRANO
Mexican dentist Dr. Luis Medrano is a member of the Rotary International Dentist Association. In 1985 and again in 1988, Luis came to the PFAC Refugee Center in Palawan (as a volunteer) to give free dental service to the Vietnamese refugees. Luis and I immediately became best friends. We still maintain our friendship and contact today. In Winter 2006, Luis and I were reunited when he and his family visited Canada.
My friend Dr. Luis Medrano and wife Cira with the I.C.M. volunteers (Buddhist Temple, PFAC Palawan 1988)
Luis and Benny on the way to Cowrie Island on Honda Bay (HTC-PFAC Picnic 1988)
Sister Bernadette, Luis, Bonbon, Cira, and Mona (HTC-PFAC Daycare Center 1988)
Luis and Cira Medrano with the I.C.M. volunteers (PFAC 1988)
The I.C.M. Dental Volunteers surprised Dr. Luis Medrano with a Bon Voyage Party (PFAC Palawan 1988)
Luis at our Staff House in PFAC (1985)
Luis and wife Cira visited the children's school. Sister Bernadette, 
Mona, and Bonbon are also seen in the picture.

***






1 comment:

  1. Good post, Andy. This is really touching.

    -Binh

    ReplyDelete