Saturday, January 23, 2016

Emotional Facebook Reunion

HTC-PFAC FAN DANCERS' REUNION

ANDREW:  Kim Xuan, you won't believe this.  I found your friend Van, the fan dancer who used to perform with you.

VAN:  Oh my god!  It is you, Xuan?   I was trying to figure out if you were the person that I knew of in the camp. You were always the tallest person in the fan dance group!  Wow!  This is amazing.   How could you and Mr. Andrew Aaron Taylor still be in touch after 30 years? I just came back from my vacation and was just in Australia. I didn't know your whereabouts in Australia.  We could have reunited.  Not sure if you still remember Binh aka Bonnie Ly?  I visited her in Melbourne. Hope to chat with you soon, Kim Xuan. 

ANDREW:  Hello, Van.  It's been a long time.

VAN:  Mr. Andrew Aaron Taylor, yes it's been over twenty years since we saw each other in Toronto.  Glad Facebook is around.

ANDREW:  You're absolutely right, Van.  Please catch Kim Xuan's interview on our PFAC Palawan Blog.

VAN:  Yes, I'll definitely check it out. Thank you.

ANDREW:  There are so many things to see on our blog.  Here's the link.  http://pfacasylum.blogspot.com/2015_10_01_archive.html


VAN:  Wow. That's amazing! I didn't even know that the PFAC was on Facebook until last week, my sister Deb or known as Diep brought it to my attention.

KIM XUAN:  Wow Andy. That's amazing.  How do I get in touch with Van?

VAN:  I'm right here, Kim Xuan.
KIM XUAN:  Hi, Van.  What a shame you've just left Aussie.   Yes, I was indeed the tallest and Lydie Kim Loan Huynh hasn't caught up to my height.  I can't remember Binh at all, nor your weird name now.  Do you mind if you could refresh a bit ?

VAN:  It's Van Ngoc Nguyen. Just a month ago, I was looking through our pix from the camp and you were in that pix too.  I will look for it later on and will show you.  Lydie Kim Loan Nguyen?  Looking at her profile pix I think I know her too. Was also looking at the pix from the camp before I went for my vacation to meet up with Binh Ly in Melbourne.

KIM XUAN:  OMG ... so you're actually Van, like Andy just said ?

VAN:  Yes, Kim Xuan.  Do you still remember me?

KIM XUAN:  Yes, I can tell it's you now.  You have beautiful eyes.  Lydie Kim Loan Huynh is Kim Loan the trio in the ballet pix.   I still have that picture too.

VAN:  Yes.  Oh my god.  I can't believe you both haven't changed much at all. I'm glad to have found you.
KIM XUAN:  Indeed I remember now.  Your sister is called Diep.
OMG.  We just missed each other.  Lydie Kim Loan Huynh visited me in Australia two years ago..
VAN:  This is Binh Ly. Do you remember her?

VAN:  This is her now.  Still looks the same 30 years after. Was last month when I met up with her in Melbourne.  I just came back from my vacation last night so kind-a jet lagged and been up since yesterday morning.  Wow, that is amazing that you both still keep in touch.  We should definitely have a reunion.  Binh and I Are thinking in 5 years.

BENNY ONG:  Van, Kim and Andy... you made me cry, just reading all the messages.  It brought back a lot of good memories of PFAC.  I love these three girls a lot.  Kim Xuan, Kim Loan and Van were the star dancers of HTC-PFAC before and they were a bunch of beautiful girls who met the dignitaries visiting the camp and entertained them.  Sister Tomasa will be very happy to know that you all are reunited again.  Keep the fire burning in your friendship.  I'm so emotional! 

VAN:  Oh my god.  Me too.  I've been going through the box to search for more pix.  I've been telling the stories to my hubby and my two kids all day.  Lol.  I'm so happy right now.   Best day!

Lydie Kim Loan Huynh:  Me too.  I'm so happy.  Phan and I were talking about this on the phone more than two hours. Thanks to Mr. Andrew Aaron Taylor for this FB reunion.  Yes Mr Boy, so emotional. We will keep this friendship burning more and more...

ANDREW:  When I found Van, I thought of Kim Xuan and Boy right away. But most especially Boy. I truly believed in my heart that Boy would be very thrilled and emotional to be reunited with Van. Kim Xuan and Van are Boy's babies. Part of Boy's success in the camp was the dedication of these Vietnamese Fan Dancers and usherettes. God bless you all.
BENNY ONG:   You said it right, Andy.  And I thank you so much for always being an angel... for reconnecting me to all the VN who are special and dear to me.  It is just ethereal that all of these are happening now.  Seeing my dearest fan dancers who were my angels before and until now, and seeing them so successful and still pretty and gorgeous brought me to a higher level of fulfillment and pride.

ANDREW:  Well said, Boy. Absolutely said well.

KIM XUAN:  Great childhood keeping us young and pretty.  The three of us have one thing in common. We came to the camp with our mothers only, and each of us had a sibling.

Lydie Kim Loan Huynh:  Van also has a brother- Anh Lc.

VAN:  Wow.  You both impressed me with your memories.  Yes, you're correct.  I have an older brother named Anh Loc.

KIM XUAN:  Hi Van and Loan.  look at these pix.  That's how cute we were. Thanks to the HTC for making us look this great.  Considering it was 30 years ago, but the teachers were able to pull up great costumes and training (choreography).
 
KIM XUAN:  I am so happy to have found another long lost friends of mine after 30 years. Thanks to Andrew Aaron Taylor youthful pix that I and my friend jumped in to comment and that's how we connect with each other. Ngoc Van and Kim Loan and I were the 3 children of HTC who were much loved and cared for by all the HTC teachers and performed together at most of the functions. This was how Van and I look like in Palawan.

BENNY ONG:  OMG, our three lovable and beautiful muses and dancers are finally reunited on FB.  This is so amazing.... best regards Kim Xuan, Kim Loan and Van.  So happy for you!

Lydie Kim Loan Huynh:  Yes Mr Boy oi, very happy

VAN:  I'm glad to get in touch with you too, Mr. Benny Ong.

BENNY ONG:  OMG, Van oi.   I am so emotional right now. Kim Xuan and I were talking about you when I was in Australia, and she really hoped that the three of you would finally keep in touch.  This is just so emotional.

VAN:  And I was just there a week ago.  I reunited with Bonnie Ly known as Binh Ly.  I was talking about her and the rest of the gang dancers. Too bad I didn't see her when I was in Melbourne it's OK though.  There's another chance again !
Lydie Kim Loan:  Yes, Van.  I'm looking forward to your visit. I recognized Binh.  She and Hai Duong are Phan's friend.

VAN:  Yes, you're right.  It's just too bad that I never had the chance to be in touch with Phan.

BENNY ONG:  Really? Kim Xuan will be very upset to hear that you were there, but you were not able to meet. She was a great host when I went there.  I had so much fun and great time with her family.

Lydie Kim Loan Huynh:   Phan's FB account is Hoang Lam Vo.

VAN:  Omg.  Thanks,  Lydie Kim Loan Huynh.  I'm a happy person today having been reconnected with all of you.  Thanks to Mr. Andrew Aaron Taylor!

KIM XUAN:  I am amazed at how there are so many activities and friends developed during those time consider how tiny PFAC/VRC is when I was there a few months ago. The place wasn't that big but could house a lot of us.
VAN:  Great memories that's for sure.

KIM XUAN:  I feel so blessed having reunited with all my childhood friends.

ANDREW:  And I'm delighted to be a part of it. Thanks to Diep too and my FB connection to Dung.
ooooooooo
oooooo
oo

No comments:

Post a Comment