Sunday, September 8, 2013

PFAC PALAWAN REUNION 2013



Andrew Taylor's PFAC Palawan Reunion
Greetings to the Participants
August 17 to August 22, 2013

(Transcribed by Stephen Taylor on September 8, 2013)
KEEP THE FIRE BURNING!


A big hello and hug to our Vietnamese brothers and sisters who have made it to the reunion.  I love you all and miss you.  I really wish I could come.  It's been ages since I last saw all of you but you're always in my thoughts and in my heart.  I'm glad we are all connected on Facebook and I'm sincerely grateful to the organizers of this reunion, PFAC Palawan 2013.  WE SHOULD KEEP THE FIRE BURNING!

My work in PFAC has so far been the greatest accomplishment that I've ever had in my life. It helped shape the person that I am today... strong, confident, positive, generous and kind.

For me, my service in PFAC Palawan was not a job.  It was a joy and privilege to serve the Vietnamese people and I will do it again in a heartbeat.

I came to the camp as a young teacher and I also became a brother, a father, an uncle, a friend, a family member, a councilor... and more importantly, as an inspiration to the people that I served.

I will always be a teacher, but not just a teacher.  I'm also a singer, an actor, a stage director, a poet, and a dancer.  I use the classroom as a venue or a stage to educate, inspire, and entertain other people... and my students are my satisfied audience.

I believe in putting other people first.  I wake up every morning with a smile on my face knowing that I am privileged to have the opportunity to make a lasting impression on other people's lives.


As a teacher, I never hesitate to regularly inject humor into my teaching. I always affirm and validate my students and treat them with respect and compassion.  When the students make mistakes I offer them suggestions not criticism.  Everyday, I show them that I trust them, that I believe in their potentials. 

To the teachers!  Please do what makes you happy outside of your work hours.  If you're happy outside of the classroom you will bring that energy back on the job.

To the Vietnamese (former) refugees, especially those from PFAC Palawan!   Let's be reminded of our humble beginning, our simple but strong foundation and how it has helped us shape who we are today.  PFAC Palawan, we will never ever forget you.

Enjoy the reunion everybody!  God bless you all... and God bless PFAC Palawan.  As I said, "Keep the fire burning!" 

Hugs and kisses from Van, Stephen, and Sarah.  Bye!


Recorded in Toronto, Canada on August 15, 2013

 Photo
Images courtesy of Gemma Ledesma (HTC-PFAC PalawanTeacher)

No comments:

Post a Comment