Friday, September 24, 2010

An Open Letter from Tuyet

I read through your entire blog. You brought back so many memories. I was in tears, due to both happiness and sadness while reading your blog entries. Unfortunately I was never one of your students, but I remember you as Teacher Andrew. You were so tall and skinny, always happy. I used to peek through the class window while you were teaching and wished I were in your class. I was in Palawan from 1988-1991. I was 15 when I got to the camp, as an unaccompanied minor.
I can't believe you keep in touch with so many people and remember their names so well! I am so sad to have lost contact and forgotten the names of so many friends there. I am not sure why I even write this to you...I guess I am just so grateful that you have this blog. I was googling for "Vietnamese Refugee Camp in Palawan", thinking I would get a Wiki page to send it to my friend, who is interested in knowing which refugee camp I stayed at. Sadly I couldn't find any "official" site describing the history of the refugee camp in Palawan. But I found your blog among with some others. I spent the last 4 hours reading your blog.

Anyhow, thank you for touching so many lives. It seems you were/are so loved, and I can't help but loving you for that :-). Take care and please post more! I will be checking back!

Tuyet

****

3 comments:

  1. Dear Tuyet,
    This comment is more than a validation of what I did in the camp. I'm proud of having been able to make a difference in the lives of the Vietnamese refugees while they were being housed in Palawan. I will do the same thing for your people in a heartbeat. I love you all. Meanwhile, God bless you all.

    Teacher Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever you and your family feel like taking a trip to NYC, I would love to be your host. We live about over an hour from NYC. Also when you are done with the wiki page about Palawan, please let us know (no pressure :-). Take care Andy.

    Tuyet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Teach Andrew!
    I was one of your students from Palawan in 1986-1987. I'd love to getting in contact with you. Please reach me by email at: tom_nguyen_us@yahoo.com
    I'll give you a little clue to see if you can remember it. I was with the group: Ho (you called him BAC HO), Quang, Quoc, Khanh, Trung (and his younger brother but I coud not remember his name). I'd like to take the opportunity to thanks for your kindness to help the vietnamese community. Your dedication is greatly appreciated. I'm trying to find some old pics of myself that I can upload to this site...if all possible.

    Regards,
    Tom aka(Nhan Nguyen)

    ReplyDelete